Monday, September 17, 2012

London's not all bad

Well after staying in the hotel most of the day, we headed to the tube station to buy our travel tickets. Apparently credit cards are quite rare in the UK as everyone looks mad when I hand them one and the machines would not take our card. We had to walk to a bigger station that had an attendant and of course got lost and my legs were burning from walking. My legs are totally exhausted from all this walking! Thank goodness London seems to be less hilly. Anyway we finally got our travel cards and I was really upset and overwhelmed by all the people. Of course my wonderful husband always calms me down. Gush gush gush.
After a quick rest in the hotel, we headed to Mary and Jeffrey's for dinner. We navigated the tube just fine and met Mary at the station no problem! We had a really lovely dinner with them with great conversation and delicious tacos. We managed to get back to the hotel all okay too! So I'm feeling a bit more confident about London and am SO EXCITED for tomorrow's adventure.... until next time!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad it went well. You just have to think of all the people as being like little ocean waves that you are sailing over, around and through.

    ReplyDelete