Thursday, September 13, 2012

Calton Hill

This morning we want to the portrait gallery, which I've already written about! From there we walked to Calton Hill. Wow. What a huge hill. Before leaving Madison we climbed the bluffs at Devil's Lake;  it felt a bit like we were Climbing it again! Very steep. Finally we got to the top for a fantastic view over Edinburgh and beyond to rolling hills. It was terribly chilly up there with strong winds. Up there was also a Parthenon monument, which Zach really enjoyed. From there we went to the Scottish National Museum. We saw some Van Goughs and Kandinskys. By that time we were really tired and headed home. We (embarrassingly) stopped at a Subway for some sandwiches. I ordered mine in a slight British accent. Hee hee. I'm sure I sounded ridiculous. I've been thinking totally in an accent and been slipping into speaking in one to Zach, who lovingly accepts it and doesn't mention it. I took a nap when we got back to the hotel and now we're watching telly before bed. Tomorrow we head to Loch Ness bright and early!

1 comment: