Friday, September 14, 2012

Loch Ness Bus Tour


Today we went on a bus tour through the Scottish Highlands up to Loch Ness. I'm really glad we did this since Zach really wanted to see Loch Ness and I didn't put it on the itinerary and told him I didn't think it was possible since it's a 5 hour drive. Our first stop on the tour was to see Hamish the Highlands cow (or a Hielan' Coo as the Scots say)  The picture of some safety cones is actually Hamish and Honey as we drove away. You can kinda see them. They look like the cows on the postcard I'm holding up. By far my favorite part of the trip!!!!! I then fell asleep until we stopped at Glen Coe, the Valley of Weeping. (The third picture) we got out and took some great photos. Learned some sad history of the place though! 200 people were slaughtered there by the English during some clan vs England stuff. I was kind of sleeping when our guide was telling the story... So all of the pictures of me there are me looking much too happy while on the sight of a massacre. From there we made our way to Loch Ness after stopping for lunch along the way where we got Zach a nice sweater.
In the gift shop before going into Urquhart castle ruins, I bought some postcards and had a huge moment of panic where i couldn't find my wallet. Zach managed to calm me down and convince me I had put it in his sweater bag that was on the bus. (Thank goodness it was and nothing was stolen). We went and looked around the castle ruins, which were amazing. I am convinced that they have rainbow making machines all around because we saw 5 or 6 perfect rainbows. So beautiful.
After looking around the castle we got on a mini cruise boat that took us all around Loch Ness. It was pretty chilly but wonderful. The day started out gray and rainy but by the time we got to Loch Ness it was sunny and much warmer. We've had really good luck with weather so far!
Tomorrow we move into our fancy hotel for the night and then off to the zoo!  We're having great fun. Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment